Skip to main content

DIY MAKE-UP SETTING SPRAY



What is a setting Spray? PURE AMAZING-NESS- That's what!

I love my Mac Setting spray  (Fix +), but to spend $21 for a 3.4 oz bottle? I knew there had to be a way to DIY.

Setting sprays are always great to have for a quick grab in the summer, when it feels like your face is melting off.  One simple spray and you're good. (I always keep a to-go spray bottle in my purse. Around $.97 at Walmart)

I am sure you all know, bottom line, Glycerin = Sugar. Don't be scared yet. With the sugar water diluted you won't end up having syrup on your face- Also, Make sure that you  DO NOT SPRAY TOO CLOSE TO YOUR FACE. A simple spray about elbows length away is enough. 

Using this recipe you can change the scent to whatever you like! 

Personally, I like using Filtered Rose Water (it's mild, and has a great scent)- If you have redness in your skin the rose water will help.
Another option is adding one part witch hazel- it makes it feel less sticky.

~HAPPY SETTING~



Recipe

  • 1 part pure glycerin (You can find it in the facial care, pharmacy, cooking, or even craft stores) 
  • 3 parts Filtered water (or replace with rose water) 
  • Spray bottle (you can always decorate any spray bottle you put it into)   

Combination Skin- Mix 1/4 glycerin to 3/4 water inside a spray bottle

Oily skin-  Mix 1/5 glycerin to 4/5 water
Dry skin- Mix 1/3 part glycerin to 2/3 parts water.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Make-up: Foundation/ Bronzer/ Blush/ Eye Shadow

I've found that making my own makeup has not only saved me money, but also helped my skin. I like using a cleaned out or new spice container for my loose powders. You just simply shake once, open the lid and take your powder from the lid. For Loose Powder- Mix together then store in a spice jar, make-up container, or an old compact.  Pressed Powder- If you want to make it a more solid base so that only a little sticks to the brush, use a few drops of essential oil or rubbing alcohol to mix with the powder and push down in a compact. This will make it hard like a regular compact. Creamy/ Liquid- If you want a more creamy product, add  some homemade or scent free lotion, petroleum  jelly, or coconut oil. (I prefer coconut oil, I whip it with my little handheld mixer before adding. It makes for a much easier application). Store in jar with lid or pump. You can also add this combination to some homemade or scent free lotion, petroleum  jelly, or coconut oil to make a

FUN for the kids

Sew 5 pillowcases together. =)

DIY SIMPLE Toothpaste that Whitens and Renews

What is one thing I absolutely LOVE?? That's right! Coconut Oil. What do you need? Coconut Oil (Of course) Baking Soda Essential Oils. Mix together in a zip lock container, or a small Tupperware dish with lid. As far as proportions... Wing it. I normally put a little more baking soda than the oil to make it a bit thicker, and rinse with Peroxide. I have seen several posts about baking soda and peroxide tooth pastes, but MEH, I'll stick with my way. This Toothpaste combines the benefits of everything: oil pulling for detox, baking soda for whitening, and Peroxide for even more whitening! OH, and when you are done- SMILE! It's always nice to have beautiful teeth. =)